Saturday, August 27, 2011

2 months!

2 months?! Where has the time gone? I go back to work Monday and am pretty sad about it. Your 2 month doctor appointment is on Tuesday so I will update stats at that time.

You rolled over from your tummy to back on July 30th at 1 month and 3 days old! We were at Gramma's and Gramma and I were sitting and watching you and we couldn't believe what we saw! You did it once again about 2 weeks later and Papa got to see you that time.

You are smiling so much these days. Big sis can always get you to smile, it seems. She really loves holding you and taking care of you.

We are still nursing and I think it is safe to say we both love it. I would like to continue until you are at least 6 months, but am slightly worried because you seem to eat so much so quickly when I am gone. I need to have a talk with Papa about that. You rarely will take a pacifier, and sometimes I think you appear hungry when you just want something to suck on.

You usually are ready for bed at about 8 or shortly after. The past 3-4 nights I have been holding you for about 15 minutes after you are done nursing as you sleep because that is usually when you stir. This seems to be working so far, as 2 nights ago when we did this you slept from 8PM-5AM straight. You had been waking up 10 minutes after I put you down and/or at 11PM. You always wake up at approximately 4AM, though when you hadn't slept straight through it's usually more towards 3AM. I usually put you in your crib at bedtime then bring you into the bassinet the first time you wake up. Occasionally, I will bring you into the big bed when you wake at 6 or 7 to try to sneak in another hour or two of sleep. Other times we come out into the living room and end up napping in the recliner.

This month you met your great-great aunts Neda, Charline, Maxine, and Catherine; your great-great uncle Owen; and your great uncle Kenneth. You traveled out of state for the first time to Rock Island, Illinois on August 13th.

You seem to be chunking up a bit more, hehe. Your little thighs each have a roll on them now-adorable! You are completely grown out of newborn sized clothes now. You are about to be too big for 0-3 month sleepers as well. You still fit in 0-3 month onesies and pants, though definitely not for too much longer.

I think you are the cutest thing ever known to man. Your eyelashes have gotten much longer and frame your big blue eyes so perfectly. I never could have fathomed how much I would love you. I even find you adorable when you cry. On one hand, I wish you would stay my baby boy forever, but on the other I can't wait to see you grow and become your own little person.

I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment