Wednesday, August 31, 2011

5 Best Baby Items: 2 month edition

A lot of blogs that I follow have been posting about what they think the best baby items are. I think I will jump on the bandwagon, because as I agree with some items, others weren't as big of deal for us. These won't be in any order.

1. A quality breastpump. This is invaluable in my opinion. It helped my disposition to be able to leave for an hour or two of alone time, even if it was just to go get groceries. I can honestly say that if the pump and I wouldn't have had such a good relationship, babyboy would have become a formula fed baby rather quickly. And now that I've gone back to work, I appreciate it even more.

2. A bassinet. Babyboy slept in his bassinet all of the time when he was a newborn since he would wake so often to eat. Sleep was so precious in those early days, so it was fantastic to not have to get up and go get him. Now, he starts out in his crib in his room so we don't wake him when we go to bed, and then Papa or I bring him to the bassinet the first time he wakes. The one we have folds up and is on incline, so that is nice too.

3. A rocking chair. We have this in our room and I couldn't love it more. I sit and watch Netf.lix while I feed babyboy or while I pump. It is so nice to have somewhat designated spot for pumping and middle of the night feeds.

4. A changing table. This is something we don't have that I WISH we would have gotten. I just saw a lot of our friends/family always changing their babies on a blanket plopped down wherever they were, but it is so nice to have everything all in one spot and not strewn about everywhere. We really don't have the space for it, though. Right now we change babyboy in his crib. I am thinking we might get a changing pad for on top of the dresser for when we have to move the crib to a lower setting.

5. Long sleeve sleepers. Our son HATES blankets. He also hated being swaddled since he sleeps with his arms up by his face the majority of the time. He would wake up with his little tootsies feeling cold, so we have him in long sleeve sleepers every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment