Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nook Color

My mom bought a Nook Color this past week. I absolutely am in love with the thing already. The ability to obtain any book I want at any time is awesome. It's just like magic! Hehe. I never thought I would want an E-reader. Ever. I love the smell of an old paperback book, and I still do, but the sheer convenience outways my love (at least, at this point in time). I hadn't read a novel since giving birth (which was 12 weeks ago tomorrow!), and so far I've finished one in 3 days. I read while I'm feeding baby boy, while I'm lying in bed (probably feeding baby boy), while I'm pumping (to feed baby boy while I'm at work)... Do you see why I hadn't had time to go get a book?

I adore the backlight feature. Once of the other reasons I hadn't been reading is that a lot of the time that I'd like to read, I really didn't want to have the light on. Reasons being: sometimes the baby is in our room, sometimes AJ is watching a show on TV, and sometimes I am just too damn beat to have to get back up to switch the light off when I'm ready to fall asleep. I literally fell asleep the other night while reading. It was awesome. I woke up to AJ pulling it from my palms... It reminded me of "you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands" :).

So far I've read 1st to Die by James Patterson, and I'm a couple of chapters into 2nd Chance. They're both part of the Women's Murder Club series of his, and I like it so far. My favorite books are murder-mysteries, especially ones that have some steamy interludes, if you know what I'm saying. I enjoy the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, but after the 15th one or so, they all seem to have pretty much the exact same story line. I'm open to any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment