Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NurseMom gets healthy(ier)

Ughhhh the scale. That damned scale. In April of this year, I bought a scale and weighed myself.  The blaring red numbers showed 250. Two hundred fifty pounds. The last time I had weighed myself was fall 2011, a couple months after Max was born, and I was at approximately 236.

In my defense, in the last year I had given birth, said goodbye to 2 of my grandparents, had the 5 year anniversary of my dad's death, lost my job of 3 years, and moved across the state.

Today, I am at 237. Last week I was at 235, but I had a bad weekend of bad food and no exercise. It has taken me 5 months to lose 13 pounds. It's better than nothing, I suppose, but definitely not what I had hoped. I have been slowly trying to change habits, and it does seem to be working.

Goals for this week:
1. No eating after 7pm. I had been doing well the past couple months, but the last week I have been snacking late night.
2. Go for a jalk(jog/walk) or bike ride 5 days per week. Sunday, yesterday, and today I have jalked. Yesterday's was pretty short, so I tried to make up for it today.
3. Limit soda to 2 per day. I have been failing at this. Bad.
4. No eating out. Since we moved, we really only eat out or get fast food once every couple of weeks. Except when I'm at work and am really wanting Sub.way. I need to break that habit. I've limited it to once a week or so, but my belt and wallet would do better if I just skipped it. The sandwich itself isn't what gets me, but I always get cookies. They call to me!

A reasonable set of goals, I think. I will check in this weekend to update on how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment