Thursday, April 26, 2012

17 years old=NO nipple rings

When I was 17, I thought I was a bad-ass. I really did. I was a wild child and I'm really surprised that my mother didn't have a heart attack. When I was 17, my 18 year old friend and I had this great idea that we were going to get our nipples pierced. Why? "Well, why not?" we said, "it's not like we're ever going to breastfeed, anyway." Unfortunately, in my state you have to be at least 18 or have a parent's permission to have your nipples pierced in a piercing parlor. Thank GOD!

I got my first not-ear piercing when I was 15. My mom went with me to get my nose pierced. This is the only piercing that still survives, even though I rarely still wear a stud. Then, when I was 16 I got my belly button pierced. Man, I was SO dumb when I was a teenager. I haven't worn a ring in that since I was 18, and I hate the scar that I still have from it. Lastly on my piercing adventure was the near-nipple. Even though it is possible to BF after having nipple rings, I am just glad in general that I didn't do it.

I also have 2 tattoos. My first, a shooting star, I got when I was 16. I still favor it over the other, a red rose that I got when I was 17, after my dad died. I like the meaning behind it, I just wish I would've waited a bit longer to better hash out what I wanted. It is bigger than I would like, and it's pretty dark. I have a feeling the colors are going to mesh together as I age. If I ever get another tattoo, it would be for my kids, if I could think of something I like.

If the boy or big sis end up wanting to modify their bodies, I will tell them my experiences. I will be okay with piercings if they are something that will grow closed eventually. I don't really like gauged ears (do they grow back closed if you get tired of them?). I will request that they don't tattoo themselves until they're at least 21, but I definitely won't take them before they're 18. I just want them to be absolutely sure that they will stay obsessed Mickey Mouse for the rest of their life before they get a sleeve of him.

Anyway, I wrote this post as a part of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop; you should check out the other participants' posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment