Friday, April 20, 2012

Breastfeeding Love

After the first few weeks of breastfeeding the boy, I started to love it. Some of the things I really have come to enjoy are:
  1. My son and I have a special bond that he can have with no one else. Nothing is more gratifying than the half hour before I lay him down to sleep when we sit in his darkened room and rock. I love how that for mere minutes, he is returned to my little rooting newborn from my wild nearly-toddler.
  2. I have never spent 1 penny on formula. The only thing I've spent money on is freezer bags; probably under $50.
  3. I don't have to deal with bottles. I don't have to worry about bringing them when we go out, or mixing them in my zombified state in the middle of the night. It's awesome.
  4. No matter what the boy is crying about, I know one surefire way to calm him. Enough said.
I'm sure there are more things I am forgetting about, but these are the top 4. This is a post as part of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop. Click the links to check out other breastfeeding mamas' blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment